The Captain Elisha White house is the oldest brick house on the shoreline from New Haven to New London. The lot in which the house was built was purchased in 1750 by a sea captain, Elisha White. The bricks used to build the house were thought to have been brought from England by ship as ballast. Features in the Captain Elisha White House are a colonial herb garden and 19th century American portraits.
The Clinton Historical Society Elisha White House contains a wealth of
primary and secondary sources pertaining to local history, genealogy and with late 18th and 19th century furnishings within the rooms.
Located at 103 East Main St., Clinton, CT Directions
Tuesdays from 9am – 11am, Open May through September
and happily by appointment by calling 860-669-2148.
Special Tours may be arranged by contacting the Clinton Historical Society by mail or phone.
(Please note: Calls will be addressed during our business hours on Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to Noon.)